NaturalistOne's Hair Journey

My last perm was February 04 and I started Sisterlocks August 9, 2005. So far it has been great and I am looking forward to nice, healthy, thick Sisterlocks.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Windy City, Illinois, United States

I'm a legal secretary working downtown Chicago. I am a newlywed with four kids. I am in the process of starting my business up again "PURSEnalities." I will have website up soon. I am a member of Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc. and Order of Eastern Star, Ida Chapter #546, Modern Free & Accepted Mason.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Spike Rollers

Hello Fam. Thursday evening I decided to use the soft spikes. I haven't used them like in 2 years. The first time I used it my hair was very, very short.





I used lottabody and my consultant told me to have the pointy part of the soft spike going down once I put it through the hole. The curls will hang down instead of up.





This is the a.m. after taking out the spikes. My first thought was it's ok, lol. After the pic I decided to play with it.



This picture was taken the next day. My curls have dropped and I like it. I got alot of compliments on my hair.

Next time, I want to try using rods and setting lotion Crinkles and Curls. If anyone can recommend different curlers and setting lotion to use, I appreciate it.

My two year anniversary is coming up real soon (Aug. 8th).

9 Comments:

Blogger C & C said...

your spike set looks great!!

have you ever tried setting your hair with just plain water? it may not work for everyone due to density but works like a charm for myself. peace

KA aka loczim

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Your hair is so thick, I love the fullness!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Chocolocs said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, I get sooooo excited when I get a comment! To say "Your hair looks fabulous" is an understatement!!! Wow! Your locks are perfect. I had to go back and look at your posts from 2005 to see the progression to this point!

You mentioned earlier that your husband likes long hair, I bet he's happy he was patient with you!

I have major "lock admiration"!! Even though I don't have 578 locks (I think I have about 500), I hope my hair looks like yours at two years!

Keep posting! I'm going to add you to my links!

6:51 AM  
Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

wow, so bouncy and full! i love how your color is growing out, 2.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Naturalist1 said...

Thanks ladies!!!!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute...I like the set and I also use lottabody when I do soft spikes...I will be doing another in Sept for a wedding I am in, so I'll give you the updates.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Goodnapps said...

Very gorgeous and full. I use the crinkles and curls setting lotion and it seems to be pretty decent.
It smells wonderful.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Aya said...

Oh my, your locks are so thick and beautiful. I like the look after the soft spikes.

2:02 PM  
Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Your locks and curls look great.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home