NaturalistOne's Hair Journey

My last perm was February 04 and I started Sisterlocks August 9, 2005. So far it has been great and I am looking forward to nice, healthy, thick Sisterlocks.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Windy City, Illinois, United States

I'm a legal secretary working downtown Chicago. I am a newlywed with four kids. I am in the process of starting my business up again "PURSEnalities." I will have website up soon. I am a member of Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc. and Order of Eastern Star, Ida Chapter #546, Modern Free & Accepted Mason.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

HAPPY SISTERLOCK ANNIVERSARY TO ME!!!

Yeah, today is my two year anniversary. It's finally here. I came a long way.

This has been one of the best decisions I made in regards to my hair. I wish I had did it earlier, but hey, it's never too late for anything.

Thanks to one of my friends, who is natural, that referred me to Sisterlock. She told me that Sisterlocks would be the best thing for me. I can't wait til I hit my third year with Sisterlocks.




This is me two years ago after getting my Sisterlocks installed. I remember like it was yesterday. My husband and three sons looked at me like I was a alien. They were nt too happy about how my hair look.

I wore a headband for about a good two weeks due to so much scalp that was showing, but after a while I was like "the hell with the headband" and accepted how my hair looked knowing that I will develop beautiful, healthy and natural hair.

Again, I'm so happy I reach my second year with Sisterlocks and look forward to many more.

Hopefully in my next post, my hair will be colored.:)

19 Comments:

Blogger PAYLAR said...

Congratulations on your loc-aversay. You hair is beautiful.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Nu-Me said...

Your hair is GORGEOUS! Congrats on your 2d year anniversary!

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats...your hair is definitely an inspiration! You look soooo happy!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Naturalist1 said...

Thanks Ladies!!! It feels great.:)

1:53 PM  
Blogger ayankha said...

Your hair looks so great!!!!! Congrats on your 2 year anniv!

5:43 PM  
Blogger blackrussian said...

Thanks 4 the update and congrats!

AND I think you looked awfully cute 2 years ago!

You have a very nice smile!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

what a beautiful set of locks!! congrats!!

7:03 AM  
Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

ahhh man, you are an updating diva all of the sudden! you look GREAT!!!! 2 YEARS!!! wow!it looks like you have grey peaking at the top-as I do too! that's wisdom!!! Aug6th and Aug8th, here we go again!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Naturalist1 said...

Ayankha - Thanks alot. I absolutely love your hair.


blackrussian - Thanks for the compliment.

sunsail - Thanks. I just visited your blog.

cheleski68 - LOL. You are funny. I have alot of time now to update my blog now. Girl, I've always had grey hair since I was a child. I will be coloring my hair soon. Thanks for the compliment.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Jena Evans said...

Happy Two Year Loc'versary to you...
Very beautiful locs~

be blessed~

9:43 AM  
Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Your hair has really grown. Your locks look great! Happy 2 Years!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Goodnapps said...

Congratulations to you as well my dear. There sure isn't any scalp showing now. Your hair looks amazingly beautiful!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Abena Abena said...

HAPPY LOCVERSARY TAMMY!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Congratulations! Your locks have grown beautifully.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Naturally Sophia said...

Congratulations! How beautiful!!!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Aya said...

Congratulations, for you are looking very good with your locks. What a change from the beginning. You wear then well.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Khandi said...

Congratulations on reaching 2 years. Your locs look great and have grown some. I cant wait til my locs form

2:06 PM  
Blogger dreamangel75 said...

Happy Anniversary! Your locks are looking great! I like the curls and color in the top photo.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Maryee said...

Congrats on 2 yrs! Your growth has been tremendous! Looking good!!!

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home