NaturalistOne's Hair Journey

My last perm was February 04 and I started Sisterlocks August 9, 2005. So far it has been great and I am looking forward to nice, healthy, thick Sisterlocks.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Windy City, Illinois, United States

I'm a legal secretary working downtown Chicago. I am a newlywed with four kids. I am in the process of starting my business up again "PURSEnalities." I will have website up soon. I am a member of Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc. and Order of Eastern Star, Ida Chapter #546, Modern Free & Accepted Mason.

Monday, August 21, 2006

I love retigtening my hair and my SL Journal


I took my retightening class back in May. Unfortunately, I left confused and still didn’t understand how to do my own hair. I was taught how to use the hook but not the tool because I was told that hook was much easier to use. Well at first I liked the hook, but sometimes my hair would get caught in the hook and I would have pieces of my hair in the hook. At my appt with my new consultant, I spoke to the one and only, Dr. Cornwell on the telephone. I told her my experience at the retightening class. She offered to me another free retightening class which I went to and I was happy and understood how the do my hair. I was taught the SL hook and SL tool. Which one do I prefer? I prefer the SL tool. After practice for a while I FINALLY GOT THE HANG OF IT, lol. I retighten my hair all the time and I enjoy doing it. I do a few at a time at home, work and on the train. I measured my hair with a ruler. My hair is about 7-8 inches. My hubby says my arms will be stronger from retightening, lol.

I also received my SL Journal. I was so happy to receive it. I missed the first issue which I hope I can somehow get a copy of. I carry my journal with me all the time. Chicago is representing in the recent journal with Cherie, Arlanda, Darryl and Beverly. I can't wait til the next issue comes out. Sorry that the pics are blurry. Time to get another camera.:)

3 Comments:

Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

i tried retightening last night with a beeder needle from the craft store. it worked..but would snag and get stuck in my strand...but it tightened well. I really liked it. i think I like this whole journey...it feels really empowering to work on your own time schedule,not someone else's.thanks for your wonderful comments and happy anniversary! you're a beautiful couple.

1:18 PM  
Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

oh, can i add you to my blog links?

1:19 PM  
Blogger Naturalist1 said...

Hey C:

That's great. I was frustrated when I first started retightened, but after a few days, I got a hang of it quick. Thanks and sure you can add me to you blog:)

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home