NaturalistOne's Hair Journey

My last perm was February 04 and I started Sisterlocks August 9, 2005. So far it has been great and I am looking forward to nice, healthy, thick Sisterlocks.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Windy City, Illinois, United States

I'm a legal secretary working downtown Chicago. I am a newlywed with four kids. I am in the process of starting my business up again "PURSEnalities." I will have website up soon. I am a member of Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc. and Order of Eastern Star, Ida Chapter #546, Modern Free & Accepted Mason.

Monday, September 18, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

Hello Everyone:

Today I am celebrating my 38th birthday. Whoa, how time flies, lol. Here is a pic of me dollied up. I rarely wear make-up. I'm a straight up tomboy, lol. My husband gave me two choices for my b-day: Door No. 1 - shopping spree or Door #2 - Trip to Vegas. This was hard for me to decide, lol. So I picked Vegas. So we are going the weekend of Oct. 13. I'm so excited, I never been to Vegas so my husband is letting me pick the hotel of my choice. Even though I picked Vegas I'm gonna still do some shopping, lol. There so many beautiful hotels I don't know which one to pick. Any suggestions?

14 Comments:

Blogger brunsli said...

Happy birthday!!

Enjoy yourself in Vegas!!

10:25 PM  
Blogger NappyTexanGirl said...

Naturalist1,

You're looking good (Definitely not 38). But keep doing what you're doing***

6:48 AM  
Blogger sisterlockedlondon said...

Happy Birthday!. Lots of us Virgo's around huh? Have a great day. I also learnt to re-tighten with both tools, but find the smaller one far easier, although my finger is sore!

9:20 AM  
Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

happy birthday to you! I turned 38 in July! Welcome! I thought you were like 28.lol!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Goodnapps said...

Happy Birthday Naturalis1!

I would of picked Vegas too. Definitely enjoy.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Naturalist1 said...

Thanks everyone.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Maryee said...

Gurl!!!!!!! You look marvelous!! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! I think tons of Virgos have Sisterlocks!! The October babies (me) will be up soon!! Blessings!!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Sisterlock Adoration said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Sisterlock Adoration said...

Happy B-day Naturalist1! You look great for 38 (that's not old of course, I just couldn't resist the rhyme:0)But seriously, I love how beautifully AA women age. You are the bomb!Have fun on your trip...

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you (and to me also, the 16th)! Abena just went to Vegas and stayed at the Venetian. Maybe you can get some info from her. Have fun!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday and look into staying at the Flamingo Hotel. I stayed there earlier this year and really enjoyed myself. It's right in the middle of it all and a short walk to the Venetian (hint towards your shopping) w.o. paying the Venentian price.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Tequila Jackson Allen said...

You look great at 38 Keep it going sista you look wonderful I hope I look as fierce as you 10 yrs form now!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Helga said...

Happy Birthday!!

Vegas is great fun, and I agree, the Venetian is a very nice hotel with great shopping and dining, but the price can be high (same goes for Bellagio, Wynn, and even the Parisian). You can find good deals for Vegas hotels online. Do you plan to spend more time hanging out in the hotel, or sightseeing? It is very easy to get from hotel to hotel, and many of them provide the same amenities. Also, there is a shopping mall on the strip, and an outlet mall near the airport, so there are plenty of ways to lose your money in Las Vegas or 'Lost Wages' as we say here :-) Have fun.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Naturalist1: On your way to Vegas for a birthday trip also, tell your husband he get's kudos from me :) About the hotels, one thing I noticed is we spent a lot of money but did not spend much time in the hotel, so that is something you want to think about (more money for shopping)-smile. The Venetian is beautiful but definitely too pricey, but other options, so that you can be right on the strip and in the middle of all of the excitement is: The Mirage and Caesars Palace, just something to consider. The Mirage is pretty nice, great food (definitely go to "Cravings" restaurant in Mirage and I have never stayed in Caesars Palace but I heard it was nice as well.

Have fun girl and take lots of pictures. Oh by the way, there are a lot of us September babies out there (smile). I look forward to hearing about your trip.

Abena

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home