NaturalistOne's Hair Journey

My last perm was February 04 and I started Sisterlocks August 9, 2005. So far it has been great and I am looking forward to nice, healthy, thick Sisterlocks.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Windy City, Illinois, United States

I'm a legal secretary working downtown Chicago. I am a newlywed with four kids. I am in the process of starting my business up again "PURSEnalities." I will have website up soon. I am a member of Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc. and Order of Eastern Star, Ida Chapter #546, Modern Free & Accepted Mason.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

MOTHER/DAUGHTER BOND

I have a very strong bond and closeness with my mother and my sister. There is nothing that anyone can do to break it. My mother is a strong woman. She will tell you what she feels and will cut you up in a minute, lol. But she is honest. My mother has been there for me my entire life. She will give me her last. She taught me how to be a strong woman and to always do my best and I love her for that.

My sister is your typical "bratty sister." She gets on my LAST nerve. One thing I can say is that me and my sister are EXTREMELY close. Everyone that knows us know how protective we are of each and that we truly have sisterly bond.

This pic was taken at an Atlanta retreat. We haven't taken a nice picture in a long time. I love my mother and sister very much.



We share a mother & daughter bond
A goal, A unity.
Not because she is my mother, and I her daughter
But because we are both women.
We need to stay together
To survive, To love, To live
We need to stand up for our rights.
My mother lives in this world as a woman.
She fights for what she knows is right
She worked so hard to bring me up to be a woman.
I give her in return, what I feel she deserves
LOVE*PEACE*UNDERSTANDING*AND HER SELF-WORTH.
And even then we will continue to live
As women together, Here forever, on this sacred earth.........

10 Comments:

Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

You all are beautiful!

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture and post!!!

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You three are real head turners
(-: !!! Your mom looks like she is your sister.

4:42 PM  
Blogger KnottyAuthor said...

YA'LL LOOK BEAUTIFUL!

4:07 AM  
Blogger Jena Evans said...

NaturalistOne,

You have been tagged~

blessings!

4:19 PM  
Blogger SeZ said...

I love the picture and the meaning of the poem, very uplifting and strong.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Naturalist1 said...

Thanks Ladies.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Maryee said...

Lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

8:49 PM  
Blogger neosoul.essentials said...

Love the poem. Let us know when your webbie is up!

Cee Cee



www.neosoulessentials.com

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, which one "is" the mother?

:)

Take care~

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home