NaturalistOne's Hair Journey

My last perm was February 04 and I started Sisterlocks August 9, 2005. So far it has been great and I am looking forward to nice, healthy, thick Sisterlocks.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Windy City, Illinois, United States

I'm a legal secretary working downtown Chicago. I am a newlywed with four kids. I am in the process of starting my business up again "PURSEnalities." I will have website up soon. I am a member of Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc. and Order of Eastern Star, Ida Chapter #546, Modern Free & Accepted Mason.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

What the !#$#%@!

Yesterday I was running my fingers through my hair, which I do daily, lol, and I came across a broken loc. I almost passed out, lol. I don't know what happened. When I went home, I tried to look for it. I wonder what caused that to happened. I have for the most part been wearing my hair freestyle. I haven't been maniupating my hair at all. Hopefully, I will not have any more broken locs.

Other than that, my hair is doing pretty good. I've bee SLd for 13 months. Two years can't get here fast enough.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I feel ya...I remember when I first had a broken lock, I was in the bathroom running my fingers through my hair and I saw a piece of one of my locks on the floor, I freaked out and almost passed out. My loctician said that is normal, you will lose a few locks here and there so I have learned to deal with it. One thing I did stop doing is braiding it when it was wet, instead I twist it, and it seems to be less harsh on my hair and I still get the same curly look. As long as I am taking care of my hair I am at rest. But it is scary (yikes).

Abena

9:01 AM  
Blogger Naturalist1 said...

Hey CV:

Is twisting and banding the same as braiding and banding? If so, I will try twisting my hair instead.

Thanks for the advice.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Naturalist1 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Naturalist1, I believe it is the same thing except the twisting is less harsh on your hair but you get the same affect. Tell me how it works out.

Abena

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home